PURPOSE & MISSION
As stated in our Articles of Incorporation (October, 1970) and our Bylaws, the primary purpose of the Redwood Shores Community Association (RSCA) is to be THE advocate on issues that affect the quality of life in the Shores.
The mission of the Association is to represent the interests of homeowners, of renters and other residents, and of businesses in Redwood Shores. RSCA is an inclusive organization that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of our community.
RSCA endeavors to:
- Provide a forum for united community action by all groups within the Shores, and to assist homeowners and maintenance organizations (HOAs) in achieving common goals
- Disseminate, by newsletter and other means, information of significance to the Shores utilizing The PILOT (a monthly newsletter), email, the internet, and our roadway signboards
- Encourage and promote a safe and healthful environment for family life
- Present social, cultural, and other events for the Shores community
- Advocate fairness in taxation of property in the Shores
- Encourage responsible growth of property development in the Shores
- Carry on any business in furtherance of any of the above activities, or any other activities which the Association shall deem to be in the community interest
- Implement the CC&Rs of Redwood Shores Subdivisions No. 1 and No. 2, Marlin Subdivisions No. 1 through and including No. 6, and Dolphin Subdivisions No. 1 and No. 2, to appoint members of the Architectural Design Review Boards to those Subdivisions, and to coordinate the enforcement of the CC&Rs of Redwood Shores Subdivisions No. 1 and No. 2 Marlin Subdivisions No. 1 through and including No. 6 and Dolphin Subdivisions No. 1 and No. 2 with the City of Redwood City.